Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1FUhMg28D

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day pictures and re-cap



Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days. I just haven't been in the mood to blog lately. And I have been REALLY lazy when it comes to editing photos. I have been spending alot of time on the house, at the gym, running errands, and spending quality time with Kevin in the evenings this week as well, so I really haven't been on the computer much! My week is going pretty well so far! I have made it to the gym 4 times already (Monday it was closed) this week :) I'm determined to keep toning up and get stronger! The stronger and lighter I am, the easier it will be if and when we get pregnant! Anyway, on to the pictures! I think I am only posting a couple tonight, but I should be able to post more this weekend! We tried our hand at Stand Up Paddleboarding, and I'm proud to admit we did great our first time out!!

*Let me preface this by explaining what Stand Up Surfing (Paddleboarding) is. Stand Up Paddleboarding has become a really popular new sport here in Hawaii. I swiped this explanation off of Wikipedia*:

Stand up paddle surfing (SUP), or in the Hawaiian language Hoe he'e nalu, is an emerging global sport with a Hawaiian heritage. The sport is an ancient form of surfing, and reemerged as a way for surfing instructors to manage their large groups of students, as standing on the board gave them a higher viewpoint. This increased visibility of what was going on around them such as incoming swell. The popularity of the modern sport of SUP has its origin in the Hawaiian Islands. In the early 1960s, the Beach Boys of Waikiki would stand on their long boards, and paddle out with outrigger paddles to take pictures of the tourists learning to surf. This is where the term "Beach Boy Surfing", another name for Stand Up Paddle Surfing, originates.The sport benefits athletes with a strong 'core' workout. SUP'ing is popular at warm coastal climates and resorts, and is gaining in popularity as celebrities are sampling the sport, and cross-over athletes are training with SUP.

It's not as easy as it looks!! You have to have good balance and a strong core (thanks, Zumba, step, and kickboxing class!!) to stay up on the board, while paddling through the water. Its hard to turn too. Just saying.


Kevin was actually REALLY good at SUP'ing!

Yeah, I didnt fall off ONCE! I had so much fun!!

Kevin showing off his balancing skills and making love to the camera LOL

Puffer fish!!

Yes, Kevin is grabbing his junk in this picture. He's really proud of it too.


All of us after a super fun day out at the sandbar!! I'm proud to report ZERO sunburns this time around!!

We had so much fun, and can't wait to go out there when Kevins dad, brother, and sister in law get here!!! We just know they are going to LOVE it! We had a wonderful Labor Day with awesome friends, and it just doesn't get any better than that!
Before I go, I want to share this picture with you guys! It's my 3 favorite guys in the whole world :)

{I have NO idea what Zeus was looking at....he's ADD}
Arent they handsome?!?!?!

Tomorrow, I have step class in the morning, and I may make it to zumba in the afternoon! All of my housework for the week is pretty much done, so I will should have some time to continue editing pictures from Labor Day and putting them up on here or facebook!
Good night everybody!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment