Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1FUhMg28D

Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's September!!!!



Can you believe it?!?!?! We have been on island 357 days--next week will mark an entire year that we have been living in the land of Aloha! The year has gone by really fast, and yet I still feel like we haven't really done a whole lot on island. The last few months have been spent focusing on Kevins recovery, but now that we know he isn't deploying (for now, anyway, he will probably join his unit later), we are going to make it a point to explore some more of the island and get involved with our community. The sad thing is that we don't love Hawaii as much as we thought we would. We are actually trying to get out of here a little bit early :(
I certainly wouldn't have said that a year ago!! I mean, Hawaii is beautiful, and you can't beat the weather, but Kevin and I just don't feel at home here, if you know what I mean. We are going to try and enjoy it as much as possible before we have to once again PCS, though.
Today was a pretty energetic day! I got up early to sign up for the Joint Spouses Conference (I will be attending 5 workshops--Photography, Cupcake making, Hula, Chocolate making (!!!), and Quick Asian cooking!--> Kevin DOES love his chinese food, after all!!), went to zumba class, got the commissary shopping done (and spent 45 bucks less than I did last payday!), and got rid of our old couch this afternoon!! The rest of the afternoon has been spent researching blenders--which led to kitchen gadget window shopping--and watching reruns of Futurama :)
Kevin came home and went to sleep shortly after. Kind of bummed me out, but whatever, he has a 4 day weekend :D
Tomorrow, I'm going to step class, then Kevin and I are *supposed* to be going shopping. Whatever happens, I am getting him up and out of the house to exercise at some point!!!
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. :) I completely know what you mean, Hawaii just doesn't feel like home it's tooo Vacation-ie for me and i've only been here for a month and a half. I've heard a lot about the Joint Spouses Conference, i don't know if i'll be able to make it though because of my daughter but it sounds fun! :)

    -Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got in to the conference... but none of the workshops you're taking, I was evidently too late for them. Maybe I'll run into you though?! It sold-out this afternoon, so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love youu!! And miss you :)) Get the lasting memories in there before ya havta relocate haha.!! :))

    ReplyDelete