Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1FUhMg28D

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

 I'm sorry I keep skipping days, but I really don't have much to talk about these days! Today, Kevin and I went up to Tripler to meet with his endocrinologist. He told us that he will be referring Kevin to the E.N.T. surgeons to talk about another possible surgery. This surgery will involve taking out his remaining parathyroid glands (but leaving a half of one in-apparently you can function properly with just a half of one!), so its not as crazy invasive as his pancreatectomy was. He is still on non deployable status, and he probably will remain on it for the first half of the deployment. The doc also mentioned an MEB (Medical Board), which will need to be started after the surgery. It  doesnt mean Kevin will have to get out of the army, it just means they evaluate his condition and determine if he can fully function in his regular duties (which he can). The doc is very nice, and he was very informative! Poor Kevin isnt too excited about the surgery (obviously), but he wants to take care of his calcium rise so that he can get back to his normal, healthy self. He is okay with the potential surgery, but he doesnt want to have it done until at least January, when he is fully recovered from his pancreatectomy he had this past April. I feel so bad for him, I know he just wants to get back into his routine and not have to worry about his calcium rising or any more surgeries. The doc is really optimistic about this solution, though, so we are pretty excited to just get it over with!
Most of my day was spent relaxing and enjoying some quiet time. I did get bored after awhile, though, and managed to attend 5pm step class. I dont think I have ever sweated as much as I did with that class tonight!!! It was really hot in there, and I was busting major booty! Kevin even told me that I feel skinnier and am looking more tone--thanks for the confidence boost, my love!!! I'm proud of myself too--I'm in the best shape of my life, and I am excited to continue this new lifestyle!
On a sad note, I have discovered that I cannot eat Maui Mikes anymore-- I got really sick from it the other night, probably because the chicken has a ton of thicker skin (which equals more fat) and I havent had greasy french fries in awhile, so it upset my stomach severely. I havent ate like that in a long time, and my stomach has grown accustomed to the low amount of fat that I put in my body. I do love Maui Mikes though, so this is sad indeed :(
Anyway, so thats that. Tomorrow, I will be attending both zumba classes, one in the morning and one in the evening. I will also be registering for the Joint Spouses Conference, and signing up for some pretty cool workshops! I will be going with my chica Annie, and it promises to be a good time! I'm really excited to take the photography workshop, the cupcake (!!!) workshop, and the hula workshop for sure, but I can pick up to 5! The hula is on my list of things to learn while here in Hawaii, so I'm stoked to cross that off of my list as well!
Ahh, well, its getting late, and I am pretty tired from the early am wakeup call today!! See you guys tomorrow ( and I will let you know what other 2 workshops I signed up for!)

No comments:

Post a Comment