Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1FUhMg28D

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kaneohe Bay Air Show



Today Kevin and I went to the Air Show that was happening up at the Kaneohe Bay Marine Corps base. Originally the plan was to get up early and get there early, but we decided to sleep in and finally left at like 1130am. First let me just say that the drive up there is beautiful. To get there, you have to drive right through the mountains! Here are a few pictures of the drive up! (Oh and be forwarned--there are going to be ALOT of pictures in this post--even more than usual hehe)








Sorry the pictures look a little faded...I was taking them from inside the jeep with the windows up and old "Betty" could use a Jeep wash haha. Once we got on base and into the event, I started taking some pictures :)




Kevin hanging out with an old jeep

I thought this was kinda funny

I was trying to look mean like this guy


We're gonna crash!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!! Hehe

"Calm down crazy co-pilot!!"


Haha those were fun...we walked around some more checking out the different tents and sponsors and what not. There were 2 events that I really wanted to see, the demonstrations by the F-22 fighter jet and the Navy Blue Angels!


F-22

I would give my right arm to be able to take a ride in one of those!!


Sadly, this is probably the closest I will ever get to an F-22
And now for some Blue Angels action!!


This plane is part of the Blue Angels team but does its own demo. The planes name is "Fat Albert". Hey hey hey!!

All lined up and ready to go




I like this shot



This is the only picture I was able to get with all 6 of them in the same shot

I really enjoy watching these guys. Theyre so talented with these aircraft and their precision and speed impresses me every time! I also have some video from the F-22 and the Blue Angels, but Im too tired to wait for them to upload here, so I will probably either upload them some other time to the actual blog page haha. Im putting some more of these pictures and the videos on my facebook page as well.
Oh, before I forget, we decided to do the airshow today because in addition to the same flying demos they had yesterday, they also had a car show! I love car shows too :) Some pictures for yall to enjoy (I told you this post would have alot of them!)


Hehe

The wheels on this car were the biggest Ive ever seen on a regular car

This was really little--it was cute :)

Saw this on a restored '51 Ford truck

This VW Beetle was a gorgeous car

It says, "Is there a problem, officer?" hehe I need that on my car!

If I were to own a Beetle, this would probably be similar to what my paint job would look like :) Oh and it matches my outfit!

This sexy machine is a 2006 Corvette Z06--"honey, you know my birthday is coming up", I said, right after this picture was taken.

Mmmmmm I love Corvettes...this one is for sale too, just 25 grand and the owner has put in over 15 grand in aftermarket stuff! Its a steal!

I may have forgotten, but I think this is a '35 Buick. I do know it has a Corvette engine in it though!

Ferrari-- it was blocked off (boo), probably because it was sitting next to a Bentley and a Maserati hehe
 So there you have it, our day at the air show! We had fun and were pretty exhausted when we left. On our way out, I signed up for a scentsy drawing and picked up a Blue Angels shot glass (I collect them). Tomorrow is back to work for Kevin, so Im going to keep it low key and do some laundry. I may even do some laps in the pool :) I hope everyone has had a good weekend and has a great week!

*I know my posts are long and detailed (and with insane amounts of pictures) but that is really for our family and friends back home so that they can "experience" our time in Hawaii with us! So for my readers in Hawaii, thanks for putting up with the obnoxiously long posts haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment