Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1FUhMg28D

Monday, January 17, 2011

Angry North Shore and a drive around the island

Aloha!

Kevin and I decided to head up to the North Shore today to take a peek at the monster waves that have been crashing into the coastline. The waves today were probably around 15-20ish feet and they were amazing to watch. Of course, I took some pictures =) To get the full effect, you can click on the picture to make it larger!

This was taken from far away

To give you an idea of how big these were, I was standing up and had the camera above my head, plus we were a ways back

Check out that monster wave behind Kevins head! We tried to get a pic of us in front of a big one, but we didnt want to turn our backs away from the water for too long

Im still standing up, but Im closer and standing behind some lava rocks =)

This is probably my favorite picture of the day

You dont say? Haha this sign was at the top of the hill right in front of the parking spaces
These pictures dont do it a bit of justice. The waves were scary huge! Mother nature was so angry today! We had a great time, and Kevin enjoyed laughing at me when I decided to get closer to the waves and a huge one came in and soaked my shorts. Man, they were wet the rest of the day, but it was worth it because I had fun photographing these epic waves =)
Afterwards, we decided to just drive around the island. We made another stop on the way a little past Turtle Bay.


Much calmer waters here, it was really nice
At this point we decided that we should stop for some food. We kept going, but ultimately decided to pick up H3 and go to Buffalo Wild Wings in Waikiki. Kevin snapped a couple of pictures of some sights on H3


I really love these mountains



Tunnel that goes straight through mountain above
We had a fun, wonderful afternoon and best of all I got to play with the camera some more. Im loving learning about it and what it can do =)
Tomorrow its back to work for Kevin, and back to the gym for me! The sun and sea salt has wiped me out for the day...good night folks!

Jennifer & Kevin

1 comment: