Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1FUhMg28D

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween, Arts and Crafts time!!



First...Happy Halloween! Kevin and I didnt dress up this year boo :( Nobody knocked on our door tonight either....sometimes living at the end of the street in the corner kinda stinks...oh well, I will be dressing up next year though!


So for the last few days, you guys have been watching me ramble on about a special "mini project" that Ive been working on! Well..... its finished!!! Im especially proud of this project because its the first thing I have ever stained and refinished! I spent the morning putting the last coat of stain on the project and then Kevin and I went out to lunch. On the way home, we stopped at Home Depot so I could get some paint for the embellishments. Without further ado, I give you the completed mini project! But first, some before and progression pictures!


Before...this is exactly how I bought it. Pretty rough, huh?

After I put on the first color stain...pretty, but not the color I was looking for

The first coat of darker stain that I ended up going with
And now, the finished product!!




Im really happy with how it turned out! The stain is called "Bombay Mahogany" and it matches our cabinetry in our kitchen almost perfectly (it is slightly darker). Kevin really loved it as well! I had alot of fun restoring this key holder and Im excited to hang it up tomorrow! This makes me even more excited to get started on the antique desk. I may go with this color as well for the desk...its so elegant! That project will begin tomorrow after step class :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment