Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1FUhMg28D

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hui Luncheon and progress on the desk!

Photobucket

I knew it. I just knew it would rain after I washed my car! Pfft, see if that Sebring gets washed again! Todays rain was a little different than any other time. It was pouring right before I left our house this morning...lame. I was going to flat iron my hair this morning but realized it would be a complete waste of time! Today was the monthly spouses club luncheon! The featured guest was the 25th infantry division band's brass quintet. They serenaded us with lovely holiday music while we ate lunch. They were really great and pretty cool to chat with! At the luncheon, I won a Sunday champagne brunch for 2 at the Hale Koa Hotel in Waikiki! Kevin and I are really excited about it :) Its been awhile since we have actually gone on a "date", so we are looking forward to a nice romantic brunch! There was also an ornament swap, and I picked out a pretty cute handmade ornament! After the luncheon, I headed home to put the first coat of stain on the desk and touched up the drawers. Im going to let it sit for at least 24 hours to make sure its completely dried before I do a light sanding and re-coat it. I think its going to turn out really nice! Ive tried looking up the manufacturer online, but all it tells me is that they were in business in the 50's and 60's. I would love to know more about it!
Tomorrow, we are starting our day with a lovely doctor appointment for Kevin. Then Im going to clean up the house some and maybe run by the grocery store. Kevins company is having a "mandatory fun" Christmas party tomorrow afternoon so we are heading over there after lunchtime (yay.) Off to eat a late dinner...more tomorrow!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment